International oil & gas company intends to incorporate a legal counsel/corporate secretary unit based in Co’s offices in Moscow. The legal counsel shall provide a full legal support of the JV matters, including corporate, contractual and other legal matters.
- The legal counsel should perform as corporate secretary of Co, assist the shareholders reps, board members and management of the Co on corporate issues and undertake other corporate matters of Co, including but not limited: governance of joint ventures, corporate secretary of Co, preparing the meetings keeping the participants updated and prepare relevant information, subscriptions, increase and decrease of the charter capital, distribution of dividends, other matters in the competence of the board of directors and the shareholders, cash calls, powers of attorney, corporate restructuring, etc. Preparing the meetings and act as a secretary for the specified committees meetings;
- General legal analysis and advice: analyzing legal regulations and the transactional documents and advising Co, delivering legal memorandums;
- Compliance function with respect to Co;
- Business Development by Co: support in negotiation of acquisitions and divestments, including due diligence process;
- Government relations of Co: legal counsel will assist Co of relations with federal and local governments, including preparation of the relevant correspondence. The legal counsel will assist in relation to license obligations, administrative procedures and preparation of bid rounds;
- People & Organization of Co: contract revision, consultations on applying regulation, inspections by authorities, etc;
- General monitoring of the legislation. Regular regulatory reporting duties, including the reporting duties on the legislation update;
- Intellectual property rights issues;
- Litigation. Prosecution and supervision of legal disputes and claims of Co: judicial, contentious administrative and arbitral;
- Coordination of external legal services rendered to Co.
- Law degree (master’s degree preferable);
- The candidate is a semi senior lawyer with at least 5-year experience in corporate function in law firms or companies and preferably experience in the oil and gas business in international law firms or companies. Experience in compliance function and dealing with the JV matters;
- Strong knowledge of corporate, contractual and civil law of the Russian Federation;
- Experience in government relations and negotiations with state owned companies;
- Dynamic, proactive and motivated person with management skills, negotiating skills. Business driven, results oriented, team worker, strong communication skills;
- Availability to travel;
- Languages: Russian native, English proficiency level. Spanish is a plus.